One of my favorite clothes boutiques from back home, Sophie & Trey, really knows how to work Instagram for Business successfully. Their bio encourages customers to “Wear it. Share it” via the #sophieandtrey hashtag. One brilliant feature they run is “Fan Friday”, a weekly post of a collection of photos shared by customers wearing an S&T outfit that week. The boutique takes the time to search through their hashtag, and give shoutouts to their favorite outfits. These posts drive customers to share their purchases in anticipation of acknowledgment from the store! They also run monthly contests which require users to repost and tag a specific picture. This all drives traffic to Sophie and Trey’s Instagram, who have acquired 23k followers!
A business account with that many followers is proof that Instagram is not just a mobile app solely used for personal pictures. Instagram offers an array of possibilities for businesses to promote their brand. These photos can lead potential customers to your website to make a purchase, and keep current customers coming back for more!
Here are some tips to make Instagram work for your business:
- Tag appropriate keywords, captions, and hashtags that associate with your business
- Use creative photos that make customers feel what your brand is all about
- Connect your Instagram to your Facebook, Twitter, and other social media so the picture automatically uploads to each when posted
- Interact with current and potential customers on Instagram by responding to their comments or following them back. Remember that one awesome post is much more effective that a bunch of mediocre ones. Be sure to practice moderation, as you don’t want to flood others feed
- Feature customers using your products
- Promote photo contests you engage with your customers
Do you have a favorite brand you follow on Instagram?